I saw Jenna Moreci do this tag over on her YouTube channel, and I thought it would be the perfect way to celebrate the Halloween!
If you want to check out the rules and questions yourself, you can check out the original post over on Tumblr by clicking HERE.
Winslow Asylum is a young adult paranormal thriller following siblings Autumn and Gavin Watson. When they have left home alone on Halloween night they decide to go explore the abandoned asylum near there small Northwestern town. They end up releasing the monster locked inside and must stop its murderous rampage before anyone else is killed.
1. It’s Halloween night! What is your protagonist dressed up as?
I can definitely see Gavin dressing up as one of the Ghostbusters for Halloween. He loves the science that goes into paranormal research, so the Ghostbuster would be right up his alley.
As for Autumn, she would choose to dress up as a witch to match with her love of everything occult.
2. Who in your cast refuses to dress up and shows up at the Halloween party without a costume?
That would be Dr.Kayson. He has been through a lot in his 80+ years, and this has made him a hard ass. I just can’t really see him dressing up for Halloween.
3. Which character wears the most outrageous costume, and what would it be?
As I was thinking about this question, all I could see was the monster of my story crashing the party and eating everyone there. Saying that I guess my answer would be the monster, and of course, it would be itself.
4. On Halloween, werewolves, vampires, and zombies are on the prowl. Which of your characters get caught in their clutches, and which create do they subsequently turn into?
This honor would belong to Autumn’s best friend Mia Queen. Her favorite past time includes going to the local graveyard to smoke pot. I could see her standing there, leaning against a tombstone. When a Zombie reached up through the dirt and bites her.
5. Who wins the contest for best costume?
That, again, would be Gavin. He would definitely go all out with his costume. Not only would he make sure that it was an exact replica as possible, but I also see him adding actual working parts.
Who hands out toothbrushes to trick or treaters?
Again this would be Dr.Kayson, but it would be something he did as a practical joke knowing it would piss off the kids.
6. Which two of your character decide to pair up and do an angel/demon costume together?
Jennabeth Grey and Autumn Watson. Jennabeth would be the demon, while Autumn would be the angel.
7. Someone is too scared to even attend the Halloween party. Who is it?
It’s not that Joseph Watson is too scared to go to the Halloween party. He just has too much work to do to be playing around.
8. Who overdoses on Halloween candy and ends up sick?
Jennabeth Grey. Yet, being stuck in an asylum for four years I couldn’t really blame her for wanting to binge.
9. Which character is most likely to place a curse/hex on someone and who would they curse?
Mia Queen would definitely curse anyone who tried to tell her what to do. So pretty much everyone.
There you have it, the All Hallow’s Eve Writing Tag! Something short and sweet for the holiday, while I am gearing up for NaNoWriMo in just a few days.
What are you guys doing for Halloween this year? I will be sitting around watching horror movies and eagerly awaiting the stroke of midnight!
If you are interested in seeing how I am doing with NaNoWriMo, don’t forget to follow me here on the blog. I will be posting weekly updates every Monday throughout November.
And until next time, see you then!